Wart is a contagious skin ailment that is caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are several ways in which one may get infected and develop warts. Depending on the severity of the condition, Dr. Syed at the Royal Lush clinic provides a variety of wart removal treatment in Delhi. Continue reading ahead to know about the causes, symptoms, and various treatment options for warts.
Wart is a localised skin growth that is secondary to some viral skin infections known as HPV– Human Papillomavirus leading to superficial skin growth. This skin condition spreads by direct skin-to-skin contact but unlike other viral infections, the growth is slow. It is common in school children and in people who work or live-in close contact.
Causes of Wart
The single cause of warts is a virus called Human papillomavirus (HPV) as mentioned earlier. HPV enters the circulation through wounds or from skin-to-skin contact. It leads to the formation of warts by excessive production of keratin that leads to its buildup. Keratin is a protein that is located on the top layer of our skin. As a result, the wart seems hard and thick.
Warts can be caused by a variety of HPV strains. HPV is very infectious and may spread from person to person. Constant use of public restrooms, sharing footwear, clothing, or any contact with someone/something (infected inanimate objects) who already has a wart increases the likelihood of getting one. Other regions of the body might also develop warts if you already have an existing one.
Other ways for the virus to travel from one body area to another include:
- Touching or scratching the existing wart
- Wounded skin
The risk of wart transmission is lower in adults but higher in children and newborns. People who have a weakened or suppressed immune system are more likely to get an HPV strain that causes warts.
Symptoms of Wart
Warts are usually easier to spot and identify; however, it is crucial to determine which type of wart it is for the proper treatment plan.
Based on the appearance and the region of the body it grows on, types of warts are:
- Common warts (verruca vulgaris)
A common wart appears:
- Circular in shape
- Elevated and hard
- Has a dot on the surface
- Uneven, rough texture resembling a cauliflower
- Around nails, knuckles, and knees.
You may get one or more common warts.
A plantar wart or a foot wart appears on the sole of the feet and may look:
- White in colour
- Has a black dot in the centre
- Clusters (more than one wart)
Note: Plantar warts are painful, and walking may be uncomfortable.
Filiform warts appear mostly on the face and neck. They are long and thin in appearance, resembling threads.
As the name implies, these warts develop in mosaic fashion, in a “tile-like” pattern. They are more commonly seen on the palms and soles.
Periungual warts are seen around the nails or in between the toes. They:
- Are Rough in texture
- Impact the nails
- Are painful
CAN YOU REMOVE WARTS PERMANENTLY?
- Warts are common and usually harmless, but you may choose to remove them if it concerns you.
- The type of treatment to remove them is called cryosurgery
- Some warts may come off easily, and some may take a little time
- Wart removal treatment may take multiple sessions depending on their size and location
- On average, it may take about 2 to 4 sessions spaced out every 2 to 3 weeks
Wart Removal Treatment in Delhi is available with Dr. Syed at The Royal Lush Skin and hair clinic.
PROCEDURE OF WART REMOVAL REMOVAL
The most common form of wart removal is cryosurgery. Other treatments such as electrosurgery and excision are also used.
- Cryotherapy is a simple procedure performed at the dermatologist’s clinic
- A local anaesthetic is applied to make the process comfortable
- With the help of a cotton swab or a spray, a freezing substance such as liquid nitrogen or carbon dioxide is applied to the wart
- Electrosurgery uses heat application to remove the wart
- Curettage is a process of surgical removal of the wart using a surgical knife ad must be performed by a qualified dermatologist only
Under the expert hands of Dr. Syed, wart removal treatment in Delhi is now available, along with a host of other dermatological services.
PRECAUTIONS DURING THE WART REMOVAL
- It is important to have realistic expectations of the treatment beforehand.
- Discuss with your dermatologist the nature of the procedure and what it entails.
- You may experience a little stinging or discomfort when the extreme cold temperature is applied to your wart.
- Do not shave or use any hair removal cream over the wart.
TYPES OF WARTS
Common warts: most common on fingers or toes and around the nails.
- Plantar warts: present over the sole of the foot, and are usually in clusters, sometimes these warts are associated with pain.
- Plane warts: most common sites are the face, beard area, hands, and shins. They are usually multiple and scattered.
- Filiform warts: there are warts with a long thread-like growth, seen commonly over the nose area and face.
- Mucosal warts: present in the oral cavity over the lips and mouth.
Wart Removal Treatment in Delhi
Warts often disappear on their own without necessitating a treatment, especially among children. However medical intervention is needed when an adult develops warts as they may take longer to heal.
When the warts are too painful and large in number, it is advised to seek a dermatologist. There are several options for wart removal treatment in Delhi through which warts can be treated. The type of treatment chosen is determined by the patient's age, medical status, and type of wart.
Considering the ugly appearance of warts, its potential impact on self-confidence, we at Royal Lush have various treatment options to help you get rid of this condition. Treatment options are either topical medications that are applied over the area or some dermatological procedures for quick removal like Cryotherapy which freezes the wart’s growth and is done in multiple sessions. Another option that is performed more frequently is Electrosurgery, which is used for prompt removal in large and resistant warts. Occasionally, our doctors recommend HPV vaccines in resistant cases of anogenital warts also.
Dr. Syed may employ one or more of the following wart removal treatments in Delhi:
Salicylic acid is a type of topical treatment that is known to clear away many types of warts. It is one of the several successful methods of wart removal treatment in Delhi. Depending on the severity of your wart, your doctor may prescribe you to apply it for several months. Salicylic acid exists in the form of gels and paints
Cantharidin is a blistering solution that causes a blister under the wart. The doctor paints the wart with cantharidin to induce blistering. This process removes the wart from the skin, and the wart will fall out within a few days when the blister has dried.
Cryotherapy or nitrogen freezing involves applying liquid nitrogen to the wart for a few seconds to freeze and kill the damaged skin cells. Large warts may need to be frozen several times before they disappear.
- Electrosurgery and curettage
For common warts, filiform warts, and plantar warts, electrosurgery (burning) is an effective procedure. Curettage is the removal of a wart with a sharp knife. These two methods are frequently used in combination. The dermatologist may scrape the wart off before or after electrosurgery. Both electrosurgery and curettage are other common types of wart removal treatment in Delhi.
The surgeon will surgically cut off your wart
Laser treatment is prescribed to patients who have stubborn warts and have not responded to prior treatments. The dermatologist may use an anaesthetic injection to numb the wart before laser therapy (shot).
In this method, the patient's immune system is used. A chemical is directly applied to warts to induce an immune (allergic) response that causes warts to disappear. This treatment option is only chosen when other methods have failed.
Why choose Dr. Syed?
Dr. Syed is a certified dermatologist who is trained extensively in dermatology and aesthetics. At the Royal Lush clinic, all your skin-related concerns are addressed in detail, under one roof. The royal lush clinic is a one-stop solution for all your skin concerns.
Situated at a prime location. The royal lush clinic offers treatments that are not only effective and highly successful but also pocket friendly. The positive ambiance of the clinic induces a sense of optimism among the patients and helps them in undergoing extensive procedures. So, if you are someone bothered by your warts and seeking wart removal treatment in Delhi, The Royal Lush clinic is your answer! Book your first consultation today and feel free to get in touch with us for any queries!
- No, it is not advisable for any doctor to remove a wart.
- It is always highly recommended that you go to a dermatologist/ cosmetologist to get your wart removed.
- A dermatologist with a special interest and qualification in cosmetic treatments is the best doctor for wart removal.
- Wart Removal Treatment in Delhi with Dr. Syed is your best choice
- Dermatologists have specialized skills in treating skin disorders and understand your skin better
- A dermatologist with expertise in wart removal is where you should be heading if you are looking for wart removal.
Warts are caused by viruses that live in the skin. Once removed, they do not grow back in the same location. That being said, if the virus still lives on, there is a possibility that it can grow back in another part of the body. Wart Removal Treatment in Delhi is available with Dr. Syed.
- Dr. Syed’s clinic is the best for Wart Removal Treatment in Delhi
- We are equipped with the most recent advancements in dermatological treatments, including wart removal
- Dr. Syed is an expert in minimally invasive techniques, including wart removal.
- Hw will make a detailed analysis of your wart and skin type and customize treatments according to your needs
The cost of wart removal in India depends upon:
- The size of the wart,
- Number of sessions required to remove the wart,
- Type of treatment advised by the dermatologist,
- Additional preparations used to treat the wart,
- The type of your skin.
The cost of wart removal in India may range from about Rs 1750 and goes upwards. The expense for wart removal depends upon
- The size of the wart
- The location of the wart
- The technique used to remove the wart
Wart removal in Delhi costs about Rs 1500 and goes upwards. The treatment cost includes and depends upon multiple factors.
- The number of warts,
- Type of warts,
- The approach best suited for the wart removal,
- Number of sessions needed for treatment,
- Location of the wart,
- The dermatologist’s skill in carrying out the treatment,
- The physical location of the clinic.
The cost of laser wart removal in India varies across different cities and locations. The cost of treatment in some of the major cities in the nation is listed below.
Cost of laser wart removal in INR
The price per session calculates laser wart removal cost in Delhi. The price of a single session starts from Rs 1500 and increases based on various components, as mentioned.
Disclaimer: Result may vary from case to case. Terms and Conditions* Apply