One of the most common Skin concern is oily skin, and the demand for effective treatment options is ever apparent. Oily skin is acne-prone skin with open pores, a shiny complexion, blackheads, and pimples. Because hormones affect oil production, anything that changes your hormone levels may affect your skin. Some experts believe stress may trigger outbreaks of acne. Acne itself may stress you out.
The human body, both male and female, naturally produce oils to keep the skin smooth and healthy, but production of excess oil can be counterproductive. Large quantities of sebum that fills the follicular reservoir results in oily skin and leakage of these oil onto the body surface. Acne and its followed scars, and blemishes are the results of excessive production of oil by the human body.
Causes for oily skin
According to Dr. Syed, when androgen level in the human body shoots up during puberty in both the male and female, ultimately they prompt the skin’s oil glands to hit maturity. During this time, the human body starts producing more oils, which repress the skin and make it appear oily. This condition can be treated and cured, but may sometimes continue into adulthood if not treated before. People who have oily skin are more likely to suffer from acne followed by acne scars.
We at Royal Lush Skin Hair & Laser clinic under the expertise and guidance of Dr. Syed & his team of skilled doctors offers various treatment options to our patients depending upon the stage and underlying cause. Here are the options:
1. Topical retinoid treatments for Oily Skin – The treatment has been proved to be very effective with optimum results. Acne, the most common skin issue can also be successfully treated with this treatment. Treatment should be taken under the guidance of an expert dermatologist and his/her observation.
2. Hormonal treatments for oily skin – These treatments are used primarily to treat oily skin in females and this method makes use of oral contraceptive pills having anti-androgens.
3. Chemical peels for oily skin – Chemical peels which are the popular treatment for rejuvenating the skin, such as AHA acid peels, are often used as a method of make-shift oily skin reduction.
4. The use of cleansers – Many qualified and experienced dermatologists agreed that the use of cleansers is the best way to treat oily skin. They advise that it is very important to cleanse your skin two times a day, normally in the morning and at night to remove the present oils from the skin.
5. Other available methods are –
- The use of differently available toners
- Medicated pads
- Blotting paper
- Hydra Facial for oily & acne prone skin
Results after oily skin treatments
Disclaimer: Result may vary from case to case. Terms and Conditions* Apply