In medical terms, an ingrown toenail is also referred to as onychocryptosis. An ingrown toenail occurs when the pressure from the ingrowth of the nail edge into the skin of the toe. Once the edge of the nail breaks through the skin, it produces inflammation. Ingrown toenail causes minor discomfort initially and may progress into an infection in the adjacent skin (cellulitis) and can also become a recurring problem.
Ingrown toenails most commonly affect the large (great) toes. People who have diabetes or other conditions that cause poor circulation do face high and more risk factors and complications. It results in pain, redness, swelling, and, sometimes, an infection.
Our extremities, especially our nails, are susceptible to more trauma and injury. In medical terminologies, an avulsion is an injury that leads to the detachment of a section of an organ from the body. An avulsion is often caused by either trauma or surgery. Nail avulsion surgery in Delhi is a treatment procedure wherein damaged nails are surgically removed. There are a number of reasons why nail avulsion surgery is performed which are discussed as follows:
Causes of ingrown toenail
An ingrown toenail is a condition that occurs when the edges or the corners of nails grow into the skin that is next to the nails. It causes breakage in the skin and is quite painful. There is a best-ingrown toenail treatment in Delhi that helps to relieve symptoms and prevent further complications.An ingrown toenail is a common condition, as two out of ten people experience it. The causes of an ingrown toenail condition are :
- Improper fitting shoes
- Incorrectly cutting off toenails
- Tearing the corner of the nail
- Congenital because of food shape
- Toe trauma
People with ingrown toenails can experience hard or swollen nails, and if the nail grows over the mail edge bacteria, then bacteria can also enter. Some signs of ingrown toenails are :
- Toe feeling hot or warm
Diagnosis of ingrown toenail
Your visit to the best dermatologist in Delhi at Royal Lush clinic will help you to manage the condition well. A doctor will diagnose the ingrown toenail with a physical examination. If the toes seem to be infected, then there may be a need for an X-ray to know how deep the growth of the toenail is. It will also help to determine if the condition is due to injury.
Ingrown Toenail Treatment Cost In Delhi
Ingrown treatment cannot be done with home remedies; you must visit the best skin specialist in Delhi to treat it. Many ingrown treatments are available, but Royal Lush Clinic in Saket Delhi is the best place to treat yourself. Ingrown Toenail treatment cost depends upon various factors that range from Rs 5,250. The average cost is Rs 9,450, and the maximum price is up to Rs 15,750. The cost of ingrown toenail treatment in Delhi varies and depends upon many factors, including the extent of the problem. At Royal Lush Clinic in Delhi, the treatment is very affordable, and to know the cost; you can visit the clinic as soon as possible.
Ingrown toenail symptoms include:
- When you feel discomfort due to pain and tenderness in your toe along one or both sides of the nail.
- Redness around your toenail.
- Swelling of your toe around the nail.
- Infection of the tissue around your toenail.
See your doctor if you:
Experience severe discomfort in your toe or pus or redness that seems to be spreading.
- Have diabetes or another condition that causes poor blood flow to your feet.
- When you experience any foot sore or infection.
Treatments for Ingrown toenail:
1. Lifting the nail:
In this procedure of lifting the nail, the doctor may carefully lift the ingrowing nail edge and place cotton, a splint or dental floss under it for a slightly ingrown nail (redness and pain but no pus). By this procedure, it will separate the nail from the overlying skin and help the nail to grow above the skin edge. At home, patients will need to soak the toe and replace the material daily to reduce the chances of any infection and for effective results.
2. Partially removing the nail:
This procedure is done after numbing your toe temporarily by injecting it with an anesthetic to reduce the discomfort of the patients, they may feel due to pain following the procedure. The treatment is to be done in the case of a more severe ingrown toenail (redness, pain, and pus), consulted doctor may trim or remove the ingrown portion of your nail.
3. Removing the nail and tissue:
Many people face the problem repeatedly even after undergoing treatment for the same problem before. If you face the problem repeatedly and find it occurring in nature on the same toe, the doctor may suggest you remove a portion of the nail along with the nail bed (underlying tissue). This procedure may prevent that part of your nail from growing back. Your doctor will use a chemical, a laser or other methods for effective treatment and results. This procedure is called Matrixectomy.
Reasons for performing nail avulsion surgery
Nail avulsion surgery in Delhi is performed if the patient has:
- An ingrown toenail: One of the primary reasons why nail avulsion surgery is advised is due to an ingrown toenail. It is a condition that arises when some part of your nails, usually the corners, grow into the skin. It is a painful condition and often needs medical services. An ingrown toenail is a consequence of poor posture, excessive sweating, improper fitting of shoes, genetics, improper cutting of toenails and an injury to the toenail.
- Fungal infections: When a fungus enters the nail bed, it leads to a fungal nail infection which appears white or yellow. It is often uncomfortable and painful. The nails, especially toenails, are frequently exposed to moisture and heat. Hence they are more prone to get infected. It occurs when an individual wears ill-fitting shoes without proper hygiene or exposes themselves to the fungus by going barefoot in public places.
- Injury: A sudden injury can stab the nail which may damage the tissue if it pierces the skin. At such times, damaged tissues can get inflamed or the nail might disintegrate. There are endless outcomes of a nail injury and often these injuries lead to fungal and bacterial infections which have the potential to aggravate the condition even more. In such cases, nail avulsion surgery is the need of the hour.
The big toes are usually the most affected by ingrown toenails. Diabetes patients, as well as those with other circulatory disorders, are at a greater risk of developing this.
The procedure of nail avulsion surgery
Dr Syed at Royal Lush has vast experience when it comes to nail-related surgeries and offers the best nail avulsion surgery in Delhi. At Royal Lush, following methods of nail avulsion surgery are performed using the latest equipment with trained precision.
As the name implies, in this operation, a trained surgeon lifts the nail to remove it from the nail bed/skin and assists in the growth of a new, trauma-free nail. Lifting the nail is accomplished by lifting the ingrown nail with a specialised instrument. This is followed by the placement of sterile cotton or a medical-grade stent under the ingrown nail to facilitate the growth of the new nail. Following this procedure, patients are instructed to clean their toes and change the cotton/stent to avoid infection.
- Partial removal of the nail
This treatment necessitates the use of a local anaesthetic, which numbs the concerned area. The surgeon cuts or eliminates a piece of the ingrown nail, allowing a new healthy nail to grow in its place.
- Complete removal of the nail
Frequently, people may experience the same difficulties in which the same toe is impacted and an ingrown toenail occurs routinely. Dr Syed advises matrixectomy or total nail removal surgery in such circumstances. This procedure also removes the nail bed along with the nail, which prevents the nail from growing back and creating complications. Several techniques, including chemical solutions and lasers, are being developed for this purpose.
Note: All of the treatments outlined above are frequently painless that do not necessitate a hospital stay and are performed in a matter of hours.
Why choose Dr. Syed?
Dr Syed is the best dermatologist in delhi takes every effort to keep patients comfortable while avoiding unneeded additions or procedures, and offers comprehensive nail avulsion surgery in Delhi. Dr. Syed’s Royal Lush clinic gives 100% and is purely patient-centric. The Royal Lush clinic delivers everything that you need including a staff that provides you with the most comfortable experience. Dr. Syed is a highly dedicated and passionate doctor who has contributed a lot to the development of modern health care technologies. Located at a prime location, the Royal Lush clinic is easily accessible.
Instilled with world-class amenities, you will forget all your medical worries. However, after you meet our medical professionals you'll realize you're at a place where everything you need is offered under one roof.
Ingrown Toe nails treatment
Disclaimer: Result may vary from case to case. Terms and Conditions* Apply