Stretch marks are such a common problem that millions of people generally face. Stretch marks or striae is a form of skin scarring that is related to pregnancy, obesity, puberty, and short-term weight gain from bodybuilding or various other physical activities. These marks may arise when the dermis or the middle layer of the skin (that is responsible for maintaining the shape and elasticity of the skin) is stretched more than it can endure. The connective fibers in the skin eventually start breaking up and this, as a result, starts disrupting collagen production and causing scarring. These stretch marks may not cause any adverse effect on the health but can surely let people feel conscious about themselves by feeling their best.
However, regardless of the reason for the stretch marks, there are various stretch marks treatments available such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, a surgical tummy tuck procedure, and a laser stretch mark removal technique that can remove stretch marks completely or partially. Among all of these procedures, the laser stretch mark removal procedure is an advanced stretch marks treatment in Delhi that helps to gain back the natural-looking smooth, and clear skin. Hence it is preferred by the majority of people and is a non-invasive procedure and requires no downtime.
Our skin has the ability to stretch and shrink considerably. When this change in elasticity is drastic, the collagen and elastin present in the skin rupture. During the process of healing, they cause scars known as stretch marks.
The following conditions are common causes for the stretch marks to form:
- Extreme weight changes
- Workout out excessively such as for bodybuilders
- Whenever there is a growth spurt such in adolescents and teens
- The use of certain steroids especially long term
- Use of certain topical creams
- Hormonal changes
- Unprescribed and overuse of anti-inflammatory drugs
- Certain medical conditions such as Marfan’s Syndrome and Cushing Syndrome
The appearance of stretch marks can be embarrassing and concerning but they fade away with time- a long while. Today, there are various treatments that make them less visible and improve the texture and appearance of the skin. Have a realistic expectation before going to get stretch marks treatment in Delhi
- Laser therapy - Specialized lasers including ablative lasers such as CO2 lasers, Erbium YAG and non-ablative lasers such as Alexandrite and Fraxel destroy the upper layers of the skin as well as increase the development of collagen from the inside out.
- Skin treatments including microdermabrasion, microneedling, and chemical peels remove the dead cells as well as provide deep exfoliation.
- Radiofrequency - Energy waves such as radio waves are sent into the skin to even out and smoothen the skin
- Prescription medication- Sometimes, you may need to take medication depending upon the duration of the stretch marks, skin type, texture and your realistic expectation
Laser Stretch Marks Removal
During a laser stretch marks removal procedure a beam of light is introduced to the affected skin and that removes thin layers of the skin around the stretch marks. The excimer laser is used uniquely to address the issue and the best part of this laser stretch marks treatment in Delhi is, it does not burn or cut the affected skin areas like other laser treatments. Our skin specialists in south Delhi use technologies that involve high-energy ultraviolet laser light disrupts. A typical molecular bond in the skin tissue breaks down the other molecular bonds in the skin. This process of removing or destroying the tissue layers is popular as skin ablation.
After the completion of the laser stretch marks treatment in Delhi for the removal of the stretch marks, the area is aided with certain antibiotic ointments and waited until it completely heals. The healing continues with the formation of new layers of healthy skin which starts appearing and the stretch marks will not be visible on the new healthy skin.
Procedure of Stretch Marks Treatment In Delhi
Laser treatment- It increases collagen production and assists stretch marks in fading to blend in with the surrounding skin, depending on the type of laser used.
Microdermabrasion involves exfoliating the skin. A professional gently applies an abrasive substance to your skin using a handheld wand to scrub away dead skin cells.
In micro-needling, the skin is punctured with tiny needles. The skin produces collagen and elastin as a result of this procedure, which may make loose skin appear tighter
Professional chemical peels offer a thorough skin exfoliation and encourage collagen production to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Stretch mark treatment in Delhi is readily available with Dr. Syed.
Benefits of stretch marks treatment
Stretch marks can be embarrassing, and treating them has the following benefits:
Rebuilds collagen -
- Stretch mark treatments help the collagen in the skin regain its structure.
- This helps in the proliferation of cells known as fibroblasts.
- The skin gets tighter, firmer, and smoother
- The discolouration of the stretch marks disappear
- The marks are filled and smoothened out
Promotes wound healing -
- The treatments rush collagen to the area of stretch marks for healing
- Promotes and regenerates the skin cells to grow
- Renews the skin layers
Breaks down the scarring -
- Breaks down the scars at the subdermal level
- The flaccidity of the skin is reduced
- Thickens the thin consistency of the marks
- Softens and flattens the mark
- Evens out the area of marks and keeps it at the level of the skin
Improves the appearance of the skin -
- The agents used in stretch mark treatments, such as heat, chemical substances, etc., help in maintaining an even skin tone
- The white or red marks fade away considerably with time and begin to look like the rest of the skin tone.
- The constituent ingredients help exfoliate the skin and stimulate the production of elastin and collagen.
- Some treatments, such as PRP, where healing factors are injected back into the skin, are best suited for recent stretch marks.
Stretch marks treatment in Delhi is available with Dr. Syed.
Why choose Dr. Syed for stretch mark treatments in Delhi?
- Dr. Syed is highly knowledgeable and has great expertise in skin treatments such as stretch mark removal treatment.
- Our well-planned and streamlined processes ensure that we take the right approach in stretch mark removal treatments.
- Dr. Syed will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your skin type and the nature of the marks before deciding on the type of treatment best suited for you.
- We use cutting-edge high precision technologies that offer the best results.
- Dr. SYed is board-certified skin specialist in delhi along with a wide range of experience in treating skin disorders and designs treatments according to skin type.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Syed for stretch marks treatment in Delhi and see the difference.
Stretch marks treatment in Delhi is very effective in making the marks less visible. However, recurrence of causes of stretch marks such as pregnancy, weight changes etc, may lead to their reappearance.
Most treatments are painless and very less invasive. It may cause very slight tingling and discomfort that are very short-lived and resolve on their own.
The treatments work by:
- Increase in collagen
- Increase the thickness of the skin
- Improve skin texture
- Blend in with the neighboring skin making it less visible.
About 6 to 8 sessions spread out evenly for a few weeks may be necessary for desired results of the skin.
The side effects of stretch marks treatment in delhi are:
- Raw skin
- Slight discomfort
- Mild irritation
- Skin peeling
- Slight bruising
It is a special non-laser technology used for stretch mark removal. It combines the best of both ablative and non-ablative lasers and stimulates the production of new skin cells.
MNRF or Microneedling radiofrequency is a novel treatment that combines the best of microneedling and radiofrequency. A radiofrequency pulse is targeted towards the targeted area. Avoid exposure to the sun and exercise, use a moisturizer regularly, and avoid make-up for the first week.
Disclaimer: Result may vary from case to case. Terms and Conditions* Apply