A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that improves the shape and appearance of the abdomen.
A tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen, and the remaining skin is repositioned to achieve a more toned appearance.
You may want to consider a tummy tuck if you have excess fat or skin around your belly button or a weak lower abdominal wall. A tummy tuck surgery in Delhi is available with Dr Syed.
What Is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
An abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure that flattens the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening the abdominal wall muscles. Tummy tuck procedures are classified as "mini," or "full" based on how much skin and fat are removed. It is critical to meet with an expert surgeon who will thoroughly analyse your situation before making a final decision. You can get a tummy tuck surgery in Delhi under the able hands of Dr Syed.
Why Is Tummy Tuck Surgery Done?
- Significant weight changes,
- C-section during pregnancy and other abdominal procedures,
A tummy tuck can tighten the loose fascia and remove excess skin and fat. Stretch marks and excess skin in the lower abdomen beneath the belly button may also be removed.
If you've already had a C-section, your plastic surgeon may be able to merge the scars with the tummy tuck scar.
A tummy tuck surgery in Delhi can also be combined with other body-contouring procedures, such as breast augmentation. After liposuction, a stomach tuck may be required because this procedure removes fat and tissue from directly beneath the stomach.
Recovery After Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- A surgical dressing is applied, and thin, small tubes will be placed around your incision to drain any fluid that collects around it.
- You will be instructed to move around and rest at an angle for the first few days of recovery to prevent blood clots.
- You will be given pain relievers and will have limited mobility.
- During your recovery, your doctor will instruct you on how to care for your incision and drainage tubes.
- Most patients are prescribed antibiotics, creams, and anticoagulants for a specific period of time.
- An abdominal support garment will be provided that needs to be worn for a certain period of time every day after tummy tuck surgery in Delhi.
- It is best to abstain from smoking and drinking, which negatively influences your recovery and healing.
The risks involved in tummy tuck surgery?
Fluid buildup beneath the skin -
Excess fluid can be reduced by leaving drainage tubes in place after surgery. Your doctor may also use a needle and syringe to remove fluid after surgery.
Wound healing is inadequate-
Areas near the incision line may heal poorly or begin to separate. Antibiotics may be administered during and after surgery to prevent infection.
Scarring that was unexpected -
The tummy tuck incision scar is permanent, but it is strategically placed, and the length and visibility of the scar varies from person to person.
Smoking increases the likelihood of tissue damage, and healing depends on the location of tummy tuck surgery in Delhi.
Due to nerve involvement, sensory perception may be hampered, but it is only temporary. You will most likely experience some reduced sensation or numbness, which will usually fade in a few months.
Tummy Tuck treatment done by Dr Syed
Disclaimer: Result may vary from case to case. Terms and Conditions* Apply