Chemical Peel Treatment in South Delhi
Chemical peel is a common and popular treatment to reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth, age spots, freckles and dark patches due to pregnancy or taking contraceptive pills. It can be used as an effective treatment to improve the appearance of mild scarring, to treat certain types of acne and to eliminate wrinkles caused due to sun damage, hereditary factors and aging. This treatment is also known as chemexfoliation, or derma-peeling.
Why take Chemical/Party peel Treatment?
- Chemical peels are a technique that is being used to improve the appearance and by removing the outer layer of the skin that is dull in tone, colour and texture.
- Minimal downtime with effective results.
- The new, regenerated and refreshing skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled and fine lines than the prior old skin.
- The new skin after the skin peeling treatment is temporarily more sensitive to the sun. Therefore, patients need to wear sunscreen that should say broad-spectrum on the label. These sunscreens are promising and protect against the sun’s UVB and UVA rays. Patients should limit their time in the sun and exposure to the sun.
Chemical peel treatment is used for:
- Skin Pigmentation
- Skin lightening
- Skin rejuvenation
- Skin’s oiliness will be reduced
- Clogged pores will be cleaned out
- Trendy Party Facial
- For treatment and maintenance of healthy skin
- For treating sun damaged skin on any part of body as face, neck and shoulders
- Reduction of mild scarring
- Removal of Dark circles
Types of Chemical Peels
Different peels will be used depending upon the treatment required and the area of skin involved, such as:
1. Glycolic acid (alpha hydroxyl acids)
2. Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
Chemical Peel Treatment Procedure:
Prior the chemical peel treatment, some patients may need to follow a pre-peel program of two to four weeks at Royal Lush, which leads to optimum results. Following the procedure, first the skin of the patient will be cleansed with an agent that helps to remove any excess oils. Then a chemical solution is applied to the patient’s face, neck or hands, which causes it to "blister" and eventually cause a layer of skin to peel off.
Patients may feel warm to hot sensation during the procedure but that discomfort lasts for few minutes only. The new skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun than before. The treatment of chemical peel is an outpatient procedure and easily performed by expert dermatologists at a surgery centre. The treatment should be done under the guidance of the skilled skin specialist because results depend upon the skill of the person who is performing the procedure.
Severe wrinkles, bulges and skin sags can be treated and smoothened by other procedures like laser treatment, facelift and eyelift etc., because chemical peels do not respond well. Therefore it is always advisable to patients to consult an experienced dermatologist before getting this treatment. Dr. Syed can help you and identify your skin type and its condition and suggest the most appropriate type of treatment for you.